Pages

Thursday 2 September 2010

Twists and plenty of growth

I must be doing something right to get this much growth in 4 weeks, I've just made my first two strand twists tada:


So I thought I'll share, ok it's not perfect, but its history in the making, well there you go. So what have I been doing to get such amazing locs? Quite a few things actually:

1. I co-wash as often as I need to, maybe 3 times a week
2. I've been using my home made mix of butter cream of shea butter, glycerin, olive, avocado, jojoba, almond, vitamin E, tea tree and bergamont oils as my daily all in all. Its not yet a perfect mixture, but one thing I've learnt is that the first batch I made without heating the shea butter to help with mixing was a lot better and didn't melt in the slightest ray of sunshine. It was a pain to mix though.
3. My butter cream mix is fab for the skin, how boots must miss me, must make home made soap too! O back to hair now, lol.
4. I recently added coconut oil to my routine, this has made a big difference to my hair, it has improved my texture and I highly recommend this for those of us with rock hard hair that sticks to scalp, works like magic. I simply apply this after my co-wash/ watering to seal in moisture, it works pretty well. If you do nothing please do coconut oil, ok?
5. I drink plenty of water, great for hair and skin, but also let my hair drink as much water as possible, with short hair I can get away with letting my hair get wet every day.
6. And thanks to someone who mentioned exercise was great for stimulating hair growth, doing level 20 on the cross trainer and toning exercises means my scalp gets its fair share of sweaty juice. I rinse it all off though, not nice to leave that in.
7. I've been taking daily vitamin supplements, missed quite a few in the last to days.......hmmn, I wonder why??? Must take today's dose......that's better.
8. I only tried this last night, but twisting the sides and back of my hair before going to bed helped to prevent my hair sticking to my scalp overnight, so this morning I simply applied my mix and I had a so much volume.

There you have it my eight steps to growing my fro. Feel free to try any of these and add your own tips and tricks, remember to check with your doctor if you have any allergies and advice before you begin any fitness regime, level 20 on the cross trainer is the bomb though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment