Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

Sneak Peak

I've been fighting a bad cold but I'm taking a break to put up sime pictures of my hair, so we can see how I've been doing!

I had mini twists I made myself last Friday/Saturday but for some crazy reason I decided to take them down, don't ask me why, the plan was to keep them in for two weeks. Anyway this is my puff today:


And these were the twists before:

Oh I remember why I took them down, I was trying to do this pin-up look with my hair


Looks like I need plenty of practice to nail this one, it doesn't look quite right.



Products

This week I added some leave in to my routine, I was after a light weight conditioner I could spray on my hair along with my oil and water mix in my spray bottle. I ended of buying 3 (PJ)  in the spirit of seeing which one works best for me. I got Pantene pro-v aqua light, Loreal elvive full restore and  Loreal elvive re-nutrition night serum. I don't fall for all that soft and shiny crap advertised anymore, I judge by how a product makes my hair feel.
Both leave-in conditioners from Loreal had a similar effect on my hair, they really added moisture to my hair and were very suitable for reviving dry hair in the morining, and the moisture lasts all day. The main difference between these products is that the full restore contains wheat protien and castor oil while the serum has evening primrose oil and royal jelly extract, I think in future I can use one or the other and achieve the same results.

I haven't used the Pantene pro-v yet, but it smells good looks light weight hopefully it will be just as good.

I've lost count of how many oils I've got in my spray bottle and I've made it worse this week by adding flaxseed, wheatgrem and lavender extract. One thing I've noticed is that after this addition the oil and water seems to blend a lot better and stays mixed for a significant amount of time after shaking.

So the mix started off as shea moisture reconstructive elixir, then some oil form curls got added in to refill, then some olive oil, jojoba, tea tree, sweet almond, beargamount.........and it keeps growing.

In the last few weeks my new routine has helped my hair improve, I'm not officially doing any hair challenge but I'll keep twisting, learning, sharing and practicing the healthy hair habits I'm learning from the natural hair community.

Feel free to comment and share your tips with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment