Pages

Thursday 10 February 2011

Six Months Natural Update

Hey All,

I've had a amazing time with my hair over the last two weeks, I'm trying to get used to the new routine and weaning my hair off braids and extensions. I admit it's a bit challenging, but nothing good comes easy they say. As I continue to grow and care for my hair I feel a great sense of accomplishment and independence and I'm trying to simplify my styling options and routine as time goes by. For example, last week I maitained my twistouts by retwisting at night, for my length and thickness it is not possible to do four braids so I have to make 7-9 twists every night. And you can guess sometimes I'm too tired to do this at night, so I decided to try putting my hair in little puffs instead and the results were as good as the nightly braids. I've uploaded some pictures on my hair dairy album on facebook, click here to see what I've been up to

Also my hair clocked 6 months on the 4th, and following in the foot steps of other natural sisters I flat ironed my hair. I've been watching videos on youtube over the past few months to learn  how to do this. I found mitchellzee's video on flat ironing short natural hair and simplyouniques's straightening natural hair:  very helpful.

Here are the results:






I didn't like the feeling, my hair felt like a woolen blanket, I didnt know what to do with straight hair, besides combing it down, but on the positive side I was glad to see how far my hair had come in a short time and I found some ragged ends I need to trim.

But for now I'm back to normal:


Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment