Pages

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Products and Regimen

I'm learning that for my hair less is actually more, My regimen is really simple, it goes like this:

Pre-Wash:V05 Deep Nourishing Elixir Hot Oil Treatment









This is a keratin based oil treatment, I run it under a hot tap for  few minutes then apply to my hair before washing. It only needs to stay on for one minute before rinsing off, it helps to reduce breakage from combing, brushing, heat and adds shine to hair.

Wash: Dudu Osun (Black Soap)



Black soap in an elixir for afro hair, and a little goes along way. I noticed very little or no shedding since I started using black soap for washing instead of co-washing. Since then my hair has changed dramatically from being coarse and dry to soft and moisturised.


Moisturise and Seal






I use coconut oil on wet hair and scalp after washing to seal in moisture, I follow this up by using my butter mix which contains shea butter, olive, almond, jojoba, vitamin E,  tea tree and bergamont oils. I leave to air dry and then section before de-tangling




De-tangle: Paddle Brush






I've found the paddle brush to be quite effective in de-tangling hair very quickly with minimum casualty to strands, all I do is gently run the brush in an  upward motion through each section. The great thing about de-tangling this way is that it creates volume without using heat and it removes single strand knots.

What's your regimen? Please share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment