Pages

Friday 15 October 2010

Anger is a BITCH!

Now that I've got your attention, this is what I mean to say.

There is a word for every season and today my heart turns to these comforting words of scripture: " Be angry and sin not.... Eph. 4:26"

There will always be times when those we love or maybe hate, lol, cause us to experience emotional turmoil. For me my default plan is always to suppress my feelings. 

Anger like the more positive emotions of love. joy and happiness is a legitimate emotional response and it's meant to be expressed, so yeah, go a head and smash a few dishes, it helps. I said few, don't go breaking them all, but if it helps well....

Seriously, be angry but sin not, vent but don't blow anything up, scream but don't scratch! And at the end of the day, let it go and give yourself a break, anger is exhausting. Don't let the sun go down on your anger, Eph 4:26 continues, I see this line as a reminder that keeping anger will only hurt one person: me, and bitterness is bad for anyone's well being.  Don't want to be sick from being mad, so what do I do, focus on things that will give me a huge rush of endorphines ( is that how it's spelt?) and a good rush of dopamines. Letting go of anger will help to re-energize your mind, body and spirit, it's all about you, give you a chance to be happy, go to bed happy.

And if you wake up still angry, remember to vent but don't blow anything up, then let go again, till it's all gone. Remember, if you believe, He's there with you helping you through it, it's going to pass because He's there.


OK back to my fro, my henna treatment went very well, it was very hard to wash initially but I love the results, and my hair is still black, phew! My new motto for this week is grow and retain, I strongly  believe that as long as my hair doesn't break or shed unnecessarily, it will grow longer. Much love to all my natural sisters especially the Hair's a thought (HAT) family on facebook, these are a bunch of really inspiring and supportive women, click on the Like button to enter this beautiful world of natural women, you will be amazed at what you'll find, my dear there is a lot to learn. 

I hope you've enjoyed reading, please share your thoughts either here or on facebook.

Happy birthday Daddy, I love you, will always be your girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment