Pages

Thursday 19 August 2010

Why Natural???

Simples, thats what my hair is, no amount of relaxers will ever make me permanently straight, period. There are many reasons why Black women opt to relax or use weaves on their hair, but for me it was something I wanted since I was young and have continued to do until recently without taking note on the adverse effects it has on my hair and life. Where all this desire to be straight came from only God knows, some say its a need to confirm to western/media standard of beauty, others say its because black people hate their hair and complexion so much.

Well this is how God made me and I'm gonna rock it to the max and then some more. I decided to cut all my relaxed hair off and grow out naturally from the scratch, this is all about me. many kinky babes have opted for a gradual transition to natural but I just couldn't wait that long, I needed to see and feel and play with my kinks. Having relaxed hair is a choice not a necessity, and I've chosen to be nappy and happy, okay!

Check out my video on my progess so far on youtube: Gone Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment